Crushed Shell Mulch
These clever little shells are so multi-functional, it’s very hard to believe they are a product of food waste that otherwise would go into land-fill!
Crushed and washed whelk, oyster or scallop shells are really good for mixing into the soil or compost to improve drainage. They also look shell-tastic as pot-dressing and actually provide a good barrier to prevent pesky little garden pests. Alternately they can be scattered around the base of plants for a highly effective slug repellent.
Remember to pour slowly when watering the plants so the soil stays snug under them.
Great for cacti, succulents and most houseplants.
- Washed and dried crushed shells
- This is a natural product from the sea
- Ideal for garden borders, beds, rockeries and well as outdoor/indoor plant pot topper
- Repurposed waste product from Whelk consumption – 100% sustainable
- Recommended coverage as slug repellent: 20-30mm layer around the base of plants